4/03/2011

When my father was martyred

Bukhari :: Book 2 :: Volume 23 :: Hadith 33
Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah :

When my father was martyred, I lifted the sheet from his face and wept and
the people forbade me to do so but the Prophet did not forbid me. Then my
aunt Fatima began weeping and the Prophet said, "It is all the same
whether you weep or not. The angels were shading him continuously with
their wings till you shifted him (from the field). 


Bukhari :: Book 2 :: Volume 23 :: Hadith 338


Narrated Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet said, "Zaid took over the flag and was martyred. Then it was
taken by Jafar who was martyred as well. Then 'Abdullah bin Rawaha took the
flag but he too was martyred and at that time the eyes of Allah's Apostle
were full of tears. Then Khalid bin Al-Walid took the flag without being
nominated as a chief (before hand) and was blessed with victory."

No comments:

Post a Comment